domingo, 18 de junio de 2023

I will spit in your face

 
Rob Reiner. “The Princess Bride”. 1987

“Take a look at unselected cases
You'll find love has been wrecked
By both sides compromising
Amounting to a disastrous effect

You hear stories of old, of princes bold
With riches untold, happy souls
Casting all aside to take some bride
To have the girl of their dreams at their side

But not me, I couldn't do that
Not me, I'm not like that
I couldn't sacrifice anything at all
To love…”

“… My head is falling off my head
And I don't want to see clear again
Everyone is talking about Jesus
Everyone is talking about Jesus
Everyone is talking about Jesus
Everyone's fucking my princess…”

No prometan amor eterno, no jueguen con el lenguaje y con parámetros de una utopía trasnochada, ciertamente hipócrita, indudablemente sarcástica. La auto-mentira es el peor de los pecados, pero no el único.

No hay comentarios: